Coronado PST tuning adjustment

 My PST reaches optimal tuning when the adjustment is fully against the stop. This doesn't change if I use it single or double stacked. I asked and got some very useful help from the forums on cloudynights.com and from this old website archive. So today I got brave and decided to adjust my PST. The first thing I needed to do was slide the rubber grip up and out of the way.



This was easily done with my fingers while taking care not to rip the rubber grip. This exposed a small countersunk Phillips #1 screw underneath.

After taking the screw all of the way out, which was way longer than I expected, I was able to slide the tuning ring up and expose the mechanism underneath.



All I needed to do to adjust the optimal tuning position back into the middle of the tuning ring travel was to move the ring with all of the holes in it.


With that completed and everything reassembled, it was time to take my PST back outside and see how well my adjustments worked and make sure I didn't damage the scope at all.

Everything worked out and the optimal tuning position is no longer at the maximum travel of the stop! I took a couple of quick pictures with my phone of the sun while I was at it.





Comments

Popular Posts